Description: Geometric Data Analytics (GDA) seeks a full-time senior scientist to prepare collaborative proposals, to guide the long-term development of research projects, to seek out possible commercial applications of new technologies, and to aid the scientific/professional development of team members. The position is expected to start on or about July 1, 2021, although the start date is very negotiable. Due to funding sources, the candidate must be a United States citizen.
Fields of Expertise: GDA recognizes that scientific and technical progress requires multifaceted teams both to reinforce our existing expertise and to expand collaboratively into new domains. Our broad theme is the creative mixture of mathematics, statistics, and computing science in applied domains that are particularly nuanced and resistant to traditional analysis. We encourage applications from a wide range of quantitative fields. For example, current and future projects may involve computational biology, agriculture, oceanography, electrical engineering, IoT, remote sensing, computer vision, operations research, industrial engineering, logistics, material science, physiology, and toxopharmacology.
- Demonstrated record of project leadership in science, R&D, or software
- Technical experience across more than one field
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team with diverse personal and scientific backgrounds
- Demonstrated record of raising research funds from government agencies and other institutions
- Demonstrated record of improving the performance of junior employees
- Demonstrated ability to present and discuss results to/with less technical stakeholders
- Experience with git and agile/CICD/scrum-like methods to integrate with multiple authors
About GDA: GDA performs on government research and development contracts, either as a prime or as a subcontractor to various larger companies. GDA mixes agile software design practices with fundamental research practices to construct compelling demonstrations of research solutions to applied problems.
GDA is currently staffed by 15 Ph.D. and Master’s-level scientists and led by John Harer (CEO) and Paul Bendich (Chief Scientist), who also have faculty positions at Duke University. Our offices are located in downtown Durham, NC.
Education/Experience: Must have a doctoral or terminal degree in a quantitative field, and several years of postdoctoral or professional R&D work with experience in project leadership roles.
Equal Opportunity Clause: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
To Apply: Email a CV and cover letter to Megan Hohenstein, Business Manager, email@example.com.