Geometric Data Analytics (GDA) seeks a part-time Operations Coordinator for a variety of office management, contract and financial reporting, human resource, and other administrative tasks. This is a newly created role that supports innovative government-funded research and development.
This part-time, hourly position supports the Director of Operations. The average number of working hours/week is expected to be 15. Pay range is $23-$25/hour depending on experience. The expected start date is January 18, 2023.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of being exceptionally organized, proactive, and methodical. Experience in an academic setting is a plus. This position will be a good fit for someone who enjoys a mix of self-directed work and performing a set of routine, delegated tasks.
At our core, GDA provides novel solutions to challenging problems. Current projects include applications in computer vision, logistics planning, atmospheric modeling, computational biology, multi-modal sensor analytics, theory and practice for AI, epidemiology, materials science, and airplane/drone tracking.
GDA is currently staffed by 17 Ph.D. and Master’s-level scientists and a Director of Operations. GDA’s newly renovated office is located in downtown Durham, NC.
- Assist with hiring paperwork
- Employee record management
- Schedule interviews
- Update employee manual
- Update administrative operating procedures manual
- Compile results of quarterly employee evaluations
- Communicate state and federal laws to employees, ensure compliance
- Order supplies and equipment
- Schedule meetings
- Coordinate with building maintenance personnel
- Book remote employee travel for 2x/year office retreats
- Occasional office maintenance tasks including things like assembling furniture
- Plan team lunches
Contract and proposal management
- Assist Director of Operations in organizing and communicating reporting requirements for existing and new contracts
- Assist Director of Operations in updating proposal documents
- Assist Director of Operations in creating contract record keeping
- Book occasional project travel
- Reconcile monthly expenditures using Expensify
- Assist with invoice data entry
- Due to the nature of our funding, the candidate must be a United States citizen.
- Must be willing to work from our downtown Durham office at least 15 hours/week (preferably over two or three days/week)
Education and Experience
At least 10 years of experience in an administrative role
Bachelor’s degree + 2 years of work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Suite
- Experience with Google Suite
- Experience with Expensify
- An ability to proactively recognize the next thing that needs to be done
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Email to Megan, Director of Operations, a resume and an honest statement about why this job interests you (e.g. how does this job fit into your envisioned career trajectory?): firstname.lastname@example.org.